Posts Tagged Theories
This is my wild guess for the finale (we know how often these are right but I am giving it my best attempt:)
Eric & Sookie & Bill & Pam & Russell & The Queen
1. Pam is bloody because she will give Sookie blood as part of the plan since they have to keep Bill chained up (meanwhile she has her vision of Claudine who tells her how to defeat Russell and/or explains what is going on with the vampires and what not)…beat she heals because of Pam’s blood…
2. Bill heals Sookie with Pam watching OR because of Claudine after or during the vision. Pam is bloody because she feeds on Sookie too in order to help Eric or simply because she was crying alot.
Pam and/or Bill fill Sookie in on what is going on, Sookie then heads out to help Eric while he has a vision of Godric:
Sookie realizes she has feelings for Eric after helping him (a kiss may or may not happen again after she gives him or does not give him blood during saving him). Regardless, she will realize her feelings but will be scared of vampires after all of this though she is really not scared of Eric (as I have established).
Alcide shows up because Eric needs his contracting company’s cement truck to bury Russell after Sookie chains Russell and saves Eric…by giving him blood again too…(that is why he is bloody and her wrist is bloody again even though she supposedly healed)..unless he is crying too but that doesn’t make sense really. Alcide seems like a safe alternative to Sookie now and he tries to convince her to go with him and she may or may not do so (much to Bill and Eric’s dismay and Eric’s and maybe Bill’s display(s) of jealousy).
Eric and Bill go take a chained Russell to bury him with Alcide’s cement truck.
Bill double crosses Eric after they take care of Russell either by his own jealousey or the queen’s orders or someone else’s orders. (we have seen Bill chaining up Eric in spoiler photos and them next to a cement truck too). Either Bill buries Eric with Russell or takes him prisoner even though Eric puts up a good fight.
The queen comes to confront Bill about handing over Sookie finally. Bill gives QSA the bait by telling her that “Your majesty, Sookie is here and Eric as well.” (pieced this together from the promo) OR Bill tells QSA Russell is “no more” she replies back “Russell is no more?” and Bill says “Eric as well” because he buried him too or got rid of his memory though I think Hallow will be responsible for the second half or someone else.
Remember that I think the queen might have ordered him to take Eric prisioner in order to make him pay or he did it out of pure jealousy and knows the queen will want revenge but I think it’s the former.
Bill turns on the queen and attacks her in order to try to cover up his crimes and/or make it right and/or protect Sookie but considering that AB said the queen would cause a lot of pain for sookie on the DVD commentaries SHE CANNOT BE DONE YET so I say she lives and takes Sookie prisoner and Eric (if they are actually there because of Bill) or she only takes one or the other if one or the other is there or she spends time next season trying to capture them both because they aren’t there but Bill was supposed to set them both up for it regardless. Somewhere along the line Sookie finds out about Bill because of Eric (this could cause Bill anger at him) or because of this whole situation with the queen showing up and of course she is devastated and swears off vampires but it’s too late for her.
Cliffhanger possibilities (this is a list haha):
1. Bill is attacking the queen to protect Sookie or in an attempt to cover up his dealings with the queen…with Eric and Sookie in tow…. or not though he was supposed to have sookie and possibly Eric in tow already.
2. The queen stops Bill and captures Sookie….and possibily Eric (they may or may not show the amnesia thing this season. If they do, it has to be an attempt by QSA to weaken Eric or
I think Eric and Sookie will bond next season while Eric has amnesia and they are possibly not only running from the witches but also QSA together AND/OR they are both dealing with being forced prisioners of QSA at first or eventually. Sookie could be in the reverse situation of calming down Eric and being there for him. Non-Amnesia Eric might possibly help her navigate the vampire political world later on.
If Eric is trapped by Bill in the cement though I think he was more likely taken prisoner, I suspect Pam and possibly Sookie will be getting him out.
If Eric gets away from Bill, he will lose his memory and get lost anyway.
We may or may not have Hallow revealed or the amnesia this season but if we do get the amnesia the origin might not be revealed this season. The witch wars may not come into play until next season thought we have started getting beat over the head with the witchcraft foreshadowing. I just hope I am right and we don’t get more Eric/Sookie seperation for a while but since I am almost certain it’s going to be like the book in atleast the way that Sookie and amnesia Eric will fall in love and make love. : )
I am also wondering how the FOTS might come into play again.
I suspect Alcide and Bill and Pam might be trying to help Eric and/or Sookie out of this situation together or seperately next season for their own reasons. They may or may not discover E/S’s new found closeness but obviously it will probably be obvious afterward.
1. lafayette gains the ability to see the truth in others because of the magic/v and wants Jesus to help him manage that power or get rid of it.
2. Maxine will think about killing Jessica (giving jessica the final death) because she and hoyt are back together and she bit Hoyt.
3. Tara starts cutting herself or remains suicidal again or goes generally crazy alongside Sam possibly (hopefully not homocidal).
4. Jason warns Crystal’s family of the drug raid in order to fit in. This ends on a cliffhanger or things go very badly for Jason and Andy…not really a surprise either way!
Please sound off below and let me know what you think! I would love to get a dicussion going to fill in the next 2 weeks and as always, I will respond to any and all comments!
**mild book spoilers warning. though this plot was discussed at comic-con**
(Jesus wears the magical color of purple and purple spells are often used to manipulate others/maintain control)
Normally I avoid book connections but it has been established at Comic-Con we are getting this storyline.
Isn’t Hallow supposed to be a female? Maybe not on True Blood. As we know Alan Ball combines characters and changes them around (Tara was white in the books for instance and not as close to Sookie). Why not make the equivalent of Hallow a gay male? He would obviously still be attracted to Eric if it came down to that thing about blood and sex in the books though I doubt that will necessarily be the case on True Blood.
Remember that Lafayette was skeptical to trust Jesus and even called him out as a “satan in a sunday hat” like he correctly pointed out about Eggs: All of this before they KISSED:
Could Jesus have cast a spell on Lafayette through his kiss?
Why target Lafayette? Isn’t “Hallow” supposed to be after Eric? True but Lafayette is an associate of Eric’s and if Hallow is interested in the V at all and Eric..then why not go after a V dealer working for Eric.
Obviously he is into magic and superstitious with his talk of Chango and Elegua and making offerings to them (which shows he has non-traditional beliefs) and he is from, Catemaco, which is known for associations with witchcraft. This is an example of witchcraft in Catemaco: http://www.catemaco.info/brujos/index.html
Jesus is clearly a thinker and he is crafty. He had the foresight to sneak up on the Hotshot rednecks and steal a weapon (the bat) rather than just charge out there like Lafayette.
(the only problem with this theory is Jesus’s reaction to Lafayette selling V. However, spoilers for later episodes reveal that Lafayette and Jesus begin “spiritually” using V together so maybe Jesus starts to connect V to his “magical” side and craves more and it wasn’t planned out from the get go or maybe it was all an act )
In the promo 3×08 (“Night on the Sun”) we hear Laffy’s mom refer to “powers” that Laffayete supposedly has and Jesus could be out to get these powers (Sunnynala helped me remember this)
In the comments section below, my reader Artemis pointed out this spoiler from 3×10 (Jesus’s last episode this season), “The show is casting a Mexican Husband and Wife, described as a young couple in their 20′s, and a Mexican Woman around 65-70. The actors must be fluent in Spanish and deliver a small chant in Spanish.” Artemis also said this: He did seem genuinely freaked out about Lafayette dealing V but later he gets intrigued and does try some in episode 3.10 . [Artemis’s] theory is that something must have happened to him as a result of trying V, and his mother goes after Lafayette and subsequently Eric for selling the V that killed him? Artemis continues with this:Just thought of something else that supports my theory above. In the novels, the spell that Hallow casts on Eric that causes his amnesia is called “Loss”. Perhaps on the show, Hallow casts the amnesia spell in retribution for the loss of her son?
Or Jesus could just be a minion sent by Hallow to get information from Laffy or was hired.
Other real possibilities include the most discussed one and the most obvious, Yvetta.
She came out of nowhere and seems rather exotic to be walking up to some random vampire bar in Shereveport looking for work as an exotic dancer when someone so exotic and frankly hot could be making thousands a night in Las Vegas or something. She also seems to be very interested in sex with vampires but who wouldn’t be if your choices were Eric and Pam, just saying haha? Despite this sex, we have seen no blood exchanged on either end.
Yvetta did get a weird look or what seemed like an “Oh shit” look on her face when the magister and QSA walked in and we know she will be coming back later on the season (that could just mean she is the spy for the authority though I doubt they would or she could be working for QSA).
It could also be a coincidence or she could be working be in a coven for QSA if QSA is a witch (which has also been discussed as much as Yvetta being Hallow on some blogs/boards):
QSA’s Ludis claimed she used magic even to win Yahtzee and she has no qualms selling V so she might be giving it to members of her coven if she has one and using it in rituals. She will certainly have a grudge against Eric but why not use her magic to help her finances?!
Holly, a new character coming on next week, is a good wiccan in the books though the show might be different or maybe not, it is really hard to say at this point what she is all about. I cannot discuss her character so much now because she isn’t on yet.
Yvetta and the queen have been extensively discussed. However, I decided to cover the less discussed Jesus and also because I think there is a stronger amount of evidence suggesting his direct involvement with magic.
Maybe all of these people are involved in Eric’s future amnesia, involved in magic or are simply rats (especially when it comes to Yvetta and Jesus)!
**First of all, this post is dedicated to my wonderful reader Christine (christine runkel) who actually deserves some of the credit for the ideas contained in this theory.**
Sookie’s dream about Claudine (although a little cheesey and over the top) may have been the greatest thing to happen to True Blood’s plot in A LONG TIME.
You thought everything else Bill did was bad (and the list is quite long, including Bill almost killing her/basically killing her in this week’s episode)?
CHEW ON THIS LITTLE IDEA!
As we all know, Bill has been keeping a secret file on Sookie. We saw papers in that file that not only trace her family tree but also contain obvious surveillance photos and newspaper clippings from Sookie as a young child!
A lot of us rightly came to the conclusion that Bill has been stalking Sookie or knows someone who has been stalking Sookie since she was a young child!
Now, let us flash forward to Sookie’s fairy dream from episode 3×07 (“Hitting the Ground”)
I think most of us were not too impressed with the cheesy environment created for the dream and the fact that it looked like a version of one of Maryann’s parties next to a pool (minus the sex, add the sun ).
However, when Sookie revealed that she can’t swim because she is too afraid of the water due to the fact that supposedly both of her parents died by drowning in water, Claudine gave a most interesting reply telepathically:
“Do not fear the water. It wasn’t the water that killed them.”
Understandably, Sookie asks, “What? If it wasn’t the water that killed them, then what did?” And then before Claudine can reply, it gets dark AS BILL COMPTON APPROACHES:
Coincidence? MAYBE NOT. Claudine even says, “The dark approaches!” AS BILL COMPTON APPROACHES and they all go running! Coincidence? MAYBE NOT.
“Bill is not like that!” Sookie argues to Claudine and she replies, “I don’t have the time to explain to you why your wrong! You have to come with us Sookie! It’s not safe for you anymore!” Sookie asks, “Why?” Claudine replies, “He [Bill] will steal your light!” Sookie is confused and asks, “What light?!”
Sookie doesn’t know Claudine well in her estimation and still tries to defend Bill and Claudine parts with her by saying this as a reference to her “light,” “Don’t let him take it from you, promise me!”
OK THEN! A few things are made clear here in this dream:
Sookie is WRONG about Bill. Bill is NOT GOOD. Bill is darkness and Bill will STEAL HER LIGHT. It is NOT SAFE for Sookie to be around Bill! This obvious guardian of Sookie DOES NOT WANT HER TO BE AROUND BILL!
All of that is the very least of it. Maybe it is NOT a coincidence that Bill approached them while they were talking about what might have really killed her parents! Maybe Bill Compton KILLED SOOKIE’S PARENTS or at least knows the true circumstances surrounding that or was involved in it somehow but won’t tell her for obvious reasons.
Could Bill giving Sookie a smaller family/support system make her easier prey and easier to stalk then and in the future? Is this some sort of vampire conspiracy to be able to walk in the day? It is quite mind-blowing to think of really.
What could be worse for Bill’s character than anything else? Being the killer of her parents (the one thing that has traumatized Sookie to the point where she couldn’t even bring herself to learn how to swim)! Is AB going there? It remains to be seen and would even surprise me… BUT IT JUST MIGHT BE POSSIBLE!
Also, you could use the argument that fairies would feel this way about any vampire! However, why focus in on Bill? Why not just say vampires instead of Bill (it would encompass Bill)? Bill was obviously the singular focus here.
I could be wrong but then again, maybe not.
***************BOOK SPOILERS BELOW. ALERT**********************************
It could be like the books (the bad fairies) but True Blood is different than the SSN and if AB went there is would heartbreaking genius and I would take back every bad thing I ever said!
*************************END BOOK SPOILER*********************************
Who is Bill Compton? Who is this vampire who suddenly appeared at Merlotte’s and “just-so-happened” to spot our telepathic heroine Sookie?
All but the most casual of Eric Northman fans are fluent in the knowledge that Bill most likely had an agenda before he arrived in Bon Temps that probably included “procuring” Sookie for Queen Sophie-Ann or someone else but most likely QSA. If you need information concerning this, Sunnynala @ sunnynala.wordpress.com goes into plenty of details concerning this and Bill Compton’s murderous history so I will make this history brief but explanatory.
1. Bill Compton went on a murderous and sadistic rampage with his maker Lorena (that he certainly looked like he enjoyed despite what he might say to her or to us, the audience)…presumably from 1865-1935 (70 years!) The Blu Ray Commentary confirms the murders in Chicago were a common habit.
2. Bill probably hung out with Liam, Diane, Malcolm off and on since the late 30’s (1×03) till they burned in the fire (1×08).
3. Bill told Russell he “procured” for QSA for the last 35 years (maybe he started doing this between 1973-1975 until present) (which seems to imply he was still currently doing that, probably to Sookie, which we already know). Somehow, Russell thinks that means go kidnap people to my/your employer’s specifications (which was QSA). Coincidence? I think not.
Now for the wild theory about the AVL/Authority connection:
Could Bill working for the American Vampire League (which I have established in a facade/interest group for The Authority) or The Authority itself?
Shock and Anger and Thoughtfulness overwhelms Bill’s face after Russell questions the magister’s authority (tight facial muscles, lowered chin, staring, slanted eyebrows)
Why would Bill care about a magister who had him make an unwanted vampire child? Maybe because he works for the people that hired him (the authority or the facade of the authority..the AVL…just a thought…Maybe he started “mainstreaming” on the surface for more reasons than just to protect Sooke? Again, just a wild idea.
Eric seemed skeptical about this “mainstreaming” though, not only once but twice. Maybe because Eric not only knew that Bill was still killing but maybe because he knew Bill had views about vampire superiority (kinda like the The Authority and the AVL really do, according to my theory about the AVL and The Authority).
Eric Northman: “If you’re their poster boy, the mainstreaming movement is in deep trouble…”
Eric Northman: “Mainstreaming. I heard…”
(humor and skepticism is written all over Eric’s face both times: he smiles!)
All of this could just mean that Bill is a huge hypocrite, which we already knew. So how do I tie this into season 3 other than Bill’s odd facial expression that I already pointed out?
***FINALE SPOILER PIC BELOW***
If you look closely you can see Eric is in handcuffs and Bill is not.
Clearly Eric is being punished for some reason if he is wearing handcuffs, particularly ones that look to be silver. The only people who would be out to punish him would be the people who know about his involvement in the magister’s disappearance (which we know is coming). QSA would not openly punish him even though he joined with Russell because she is marrying the King and so those kingdoms/queendoms will unite and they are currently betrothed). Why would Bill be helping to carry out the punishment unless he was working for those that were punishing Eric, not just Queen Sophie Ann? Bill might end up betraying the people he works for to help Eric (or really Sookie) but the fact remains he was trusted to carry out the punishment and/or arrest Eric.
Therefore, it is very likely that Bill Compton is working for The Authority/AVL too if he is carrying out this punishment.
Clearly Bill is ambitious and his ambition might extend past “procuring” people for monarchs. How much higher could you get than working with the agenda of “The Authority” or its facade, the AVL? It beats running a cactus plantation for sure.
Also, Maybe Bill is so confident about himself despite seemingly having no reason to on the surface because of this (not just because he is impulsive and not all that bright).
At the very least, Bill has also heard about how Eric and Russell were discussing the magister’s irrelevance and could provide his testimony in a possible trial or investigation …and if we really want to get crazy…(maybe he was specifically chosen to scout out the queen and Eric because of his relationship with both of them or maybe he went back to LA to investigate both of them or one of them in the first place, however he had to do work for one or both of them in order to gain the trust needed to gain access to the queen’s secrets and/or Eric’s secrets)
(Then again, this just could be fan fiction and totally wrong. But it seemed like an interesting idea..haha)
“Do you question my authority? I am the magister. I was trained in the Inquisition and I am the adjudicator for every vampire territory in North America! As the humans say, the humans you love more than your own kind, back your shit down!” ―The Magister (Magnus) to Bill Compton (1×10) (True Blood Wiki).
Steve Newlin: “Did you know that there was actually a vampire pope back in the Middle Ages? (2×06)”
Russell on The Magister, to Eric: “…the only power he has is the power we give him.” (3×05 “Trouble”)
Before we get to the meaning of those statements, let us establish that the Magister represents the Catholic Church and the former power that it wielded and the political influence that it also once had.
Does it seem a little odd to you that a vampire would use religious dogma and terms such as blasphemy to describe laws broken by vampires (that he is supposes to carry out the “justice” for)?
The Magister was referred to as an “inquisitor.” “[he] has been itching for another inquisition for centuries.” Obviously the magister was an inquisitor during the SPANISH INQUISTION if he was an inquistor during the middle ages. In order to be an inquisitor he must have been part of the catholic priesthood. Therefore, I propose that the Magister may have been this infamous Pope (Innocent VIII) rumored to feed on young boys to improve his health in True Blood mythology (though this is a complete guess and I could be wrong):
NOW getting to the more important side of my theory below:
It is briefly mentioned in the “True Blood: Mythological Creatures: Vampires” special as well as in a “Post-Mortem” special that the Magister is under the jurisdiction of “The Authority (True Blood Wiki)” “The Authority is briefly mentioned as the highest ranking figure of of all vampires. The Authority is said to give vampire monarchs their power and is even in a higher position of power than Magnus, the Magister of North American Territories. It is unknown exactly how far the jurisdiction of The Authority extends and who its members are (True Blood Wiki).“
Remember when Nan Flaningan (the AVL spokesperson), suggested to Eric that she could have his authority as a Sheriff automatically stripped and was able to take the paperwork for Godric’s resignation (2×09)? Eric questioned her authority and she responded with “try me, I am on tv,” but I think there is more to her power than that.
Maybe Nan Flannigan is The Authority or is directly working for The Authority. Why would I think that other than the fact that she seemed to be so confident about her power and had the ability to demand resignations despite the fact that she is not the king/queen of Texas?
Because she represents the American Vampire League! Do you honestly think THE AUTHORITY would have allowed the outing of all vampires if they had not wanted it themselves or atleast allowed it and don’t you think they would have put one of their own or atleast someone they trusted in charge of that task (a trusted buereaucrat as Eric might say)?
Since the Authority is in charge of appointing magisters and vampire royalty, don’t you think that they will be very interested once Eric and Russell make the magister “go missing.” They will have lost someone directly working for them and they will be interested in the possible role of a sheriff they can fire and the royalty (Russell) that they appointed.
So that is why Nan Flanigan will be the one asking questions about the magister’s disappearance (hinted strongly in spoilers)…because she is The Authority or is directly working for The Authority!
How does this tie back into the magister other than the fact that the authority appointed him? Doesn’t his agenda of vampire superiority or religious dogma seem to contrast with the message of the AVL?
I propose that the front of the AVL is merely an underhanded way for vampires to gain legal rights so that they can gradually overtake human positions of authority. They really feel very sanctimonious about the superiority of vampires (over humans and other supes) and this whole AVL scheme is their master plan to eventually achieve that superiority over humans without starting all out war and bloodshed that would naturally result from a direct confrontation.
Russell is simply trying to eventually overthrow humanity completely and much more quickly than the strategy of the AVL would allow (in part because he thinks he needs to save “nature” and humans are “also hinted at in the promos and the conversation he had with Eric in 3×06 in the limo). He also thinks it would be wiser to pay lip service to other supes and use them in the WAR against humans. He also doesn’t like “vampire fundamentalists (3×06) which the Authority obviously is if they hired Magnus to be The Magister.
“If all the supernaturals would stop squabbling amoung themselves and unite, we could conquer humans in a MATTER OF DAYS.” and “Throughout history I have aligned myself with or destroyed those humans in power hoping to make a dent in mankind’s race to oblivion. What other creature actively destroys it’s own habitat?”
So it is obvious to me that Russell is not happy with the gradual strategy of the AVL and/or the authority or their fundamentalism. He has created this cult around himself and nature and wants to use it to become the authority himself in order to achieve his “dream” as he told Eric (3×06). He belives the magister (and therefore the authority) only have their power because it “is given to them (3×05)” and they can overthrow them all when they unite.
His attempts will backfire and create the opening for the FOTS to gain some ground again with humans and get in the way of Nan’s crucial vampire rights amendment.
I posted this on sunnynala’s blog as a comment about Episode 2 before I had my own blog and I decided to resurrect this because of a loyal reader of mine, Freyja, encouraged me to do so. I also decided to add a scene from Episode 3 for this blog. It is a little long-winded but it is very detailed and thoroughly thought out, enjoy!
First Scene at Fangtasia 3×02:
Notice the way they lean into each other, notice the way they can stare into eachother’s eyes (prolonged eye contact : generally hard to do unless it’s someone that you trust, since in the wild it was a sign of aggression by those you are unfamiliar with and is hard-wired into our instincts). Therefore, Sookie does not have to say she trusts Eric, we can clearly see that she does. She just doesn’t want to express her feelings/trust toward Eric because it would add to her guilt trip about Bill (she does think he has been the perfect boyfriend to her).
Though on the surface it might appear that he is trying to hide his feelings for her (for the usual reason, he doesn’t want to appear weak), it is quite the opposite. He is expressing desperation as he leans into her, almost to her face (he is saying, NOTICE ME PLEASE). It is actually quite sad.
Second Scene at Fangtasia 3×02:
A classic study of body language makes it obvious it isn’t a “buisness” encounter at Fangtasia. Did you ever see two buisness associates sitting across from each other with their legs so close, almost intertwined??? This not only expresses attraction, it expresses comfort and ease, TRUST, a true recipe for romance. Though nobody would normally notice that as they look at the dialogue, it is a very revealing thing.
Also, she is willing to cry with Eric, showing her vulnerability, a sign of trust and a sign that she is willing to reveal her true self with him and communicate. They have both allowed themselves to get to their lows around each other (grieving, crying, desperation). Yet, they also reach their highs together (sookie: independence, strength-Eric:compassion, selflessness).
The Porch Scene 3×02:
Notice how they sit side-by-side, once again leaning into each other, once again staring into eachother’s eyes. Even when Eric gets up, they look into eachother’s eyes. Not for more than a moment do they stop locking eyes like two star struck lovers. She even runs to him when it looks like he is leaving. I do not know how much clearer it could be that these two WANT TO BE AROUND each other!
ALSO: Notice the symbolism for the way the ring is positioned on her finger! It is almost pushed to the side of her finger, like she is unsure whether she should wear it! Also, she is playing with her hair as she shows him the ring! Playing with your hair is classic and obvious flirting.
Eric/Sookie Body Burial 3×03:
Sookie and Eric continue the staring and general flirting even as they bury the body from the recent fight. Sookie cranes her neck to the side; this body language que is a unconcious way of inviting the flirting partner to come closer and approach you. This move shows your non-threatening and approachable (which was important to show in the wild).
Sookie allows herself to check him out in his presence (she is “sizing him up” so to speak in his presence). This is a clear signal to the other party that says, “I’m interested!”
Sookie cranes her neck for the SECOND time later on in the conversation!
Finally, Eric flirts with the male version of an approachable and non-threatening head/neck move (his head almost pointed downward in a submissive manner).
Obviously, you DO NOT NEED DIALOGUE to come to this conclusion:
Therefore, no matter how you look at it, both Sookie and Eric are not just attracted to each other sexually, they are attracted to each other romantically (due to TRUST and obvious chemistry beyond sexual attraction alone). The only question should be: Why wouldn’t a romance develop once Sookie is unattached?
Sookie’s home represents her private life. When Sookie invited Eric into her home and did not rescind the invitation immediately after the werewolf incident, she essentially invited Eric in her private life. Every time someone human or vampire comes into Sookie’s home it either represents that she is trusting and caring for someone or it is an invasion of her private life (even and especially during Gran’s funeral); obviously with Eric it was not the latter. Therefore, things between Eric and Sookie will move totally beyond the buisness aspect and almost totally into the personal aspect by season’s end. That is the general theme for Eric/Sookie this season.
Now for the endless lists, bear with me:
* It seems obvious that Russell is the target of Eric’s revenge plot and it will be interesting to see how Eric is later torn between vengeance and his sense of duty to the king that has helped him.
* It also seems obvious at this point that Eric will align himself with Russell in order to get rid of his problems with QSA and the magister. Ironically, Eric will become Russell’s right hand man even though Talbot has cheated with him and/or Eric has killed him (for whatever reason), Eric will probably do things to help Sookie that Russell will not approve of, and Russell is the target of Eric’s revenge. It also seems obvious Talbot will die, possibly by Eric’s hand or an attack by the FOTS or someone else.
* Eric will not only be there to help Sookie during the night time, he has sent Alcide to help during the day time. Eric will be crucial to Sookie’s safety throughout the entire season, especially when things go sour with Bill, even after his rescue (even if Bill does give Sookie warnings). I predict Eric will save Sookie again (at least one more time) and Sookie will return the favor by rescuing him in the daytime and will even give him blood to heal (if the first kiss does not come during the infamous “intense scene” in episode 6 or otherwise, it will come as Sookie thinks Eric might die (the truth death). Even if they do kiss earlier or even almost make love earlier, I think there will definitely be a kiss during this scene.
* Why will a day time rescue be needed and how will Russell come into play? Unfortunately, the Fellowship of the Sun will come into play again. Steve Newlin will ride a new-found wave of vampire hate ( caused either by Russell’s own quest for vengeance concerning Talbot’s death and/or the dead, drained, headless trucker Jessica killed and/or something else unable to predict at this point and/or a combination of these) and choose Eric’s buisness in order to exact his own vengeance for the embarrassment Eric caused him last season at his own buisness (the fellowship). Since Russell will be spending time at Fangtasia (as some spoilers reveal) he will require his own rescue as well. However, the rescue might be haywire as Eric lets his personal feelings of vengeance take over and decides to try to let Russell die (even if it might be in his best interest to keep Russell in power).
* Eric will be able to use Hadley as bait because it turns out the Queen actually loves Hadley and Eric is not an idiot and will figure this out. Bill will lose the king’s favor after he is not especially forthcoming once confronted with the evidence. Lorena will be eager to torture him for the information Russell wants after he so easily goes back to Sookie and/or she finds out he was trying to have her meet her true death in exchange for helping Russell.s out. I believe the queen was actually speaking from experience (whether she knew it or not) when she told everyone not to taste Sookie because they might fall in love (maybe that is what she chooses to blame her own love on whether it is true or not). Eric will find out Bill’s purpose after he interrogates the queen and forces her to either marry Russell or give him Louisiana. This may or may not be when Sookie finds out (then or shortly after).
* Eric already hates Nan after the way she treated Godric in his final moments. Nan and the AVL will become one of Eric’s most bitter enemies as the season progresses. This will be especially true after Eric aligns himself with Russell (who hates the extremes views of the magister and the AVL). The problem of the magister will never totally go away for Eric (even if the magister meets his true death). Nan will do anything to pass the Vampire rights amendment and she sees people like Russell and his allies as enemies that stand in the way of that (even if they are fellow vampires).
* QSA is a witch and the palace has become sort of the head quarters for her coven. She keeps her human slaves content and willing through magic. She probably also is trying to achieve walking in the sun through magic. She probably also achieved her power through magic and her alliance with witches in much the same way that Russell achieved his power through his alliance with werewolves. If anything happens to QSA, other witches will seek vengeance for her death or her being over thrown or harmed or punished (maybe people like Yvetta and/or Holly). Maybe Amnesia Eric will be caused from a spell cast in vengeance by QSA herself or one of those potential witches or someone else associated with QSA’s coven.
* Sookie will agree to work for Russell and/or QSA in exchange for Bill’s release but will later regret that decision.
* Bill will attack Sookie at some point, possibly during the rescue AND/OR will be forced to reveal the real reason he was in Bon Temps. Sookie will promptly break up with him though it will be a painful and reluctant decision and it will shake her trust in men/vampires. Eric will do his best to comfort her while Alicide will try to convince her vampires in general are bad news and so will everyone else.
* The desire to walk in the sun may become a theme in the latter half of the season, leading up to Eric and Russell (possibly Pam) meeting the sun and the fellowship’s assertion that the sun is the ultimate weapon when it comes to fighting the vampires.
* Though Eric will be portrayed a lot more sympathetic than last season, his darkness will not only come from his desire to seek vengeance, but also what he does in an attempt to prove himself to Russell (whatever that may be).
* Though Bill neglected her, Jessica will probably end up being one of Bill’s only allies after his terrible downfall. Jessica will even try to get Sookie to forgive Bill probably.
Random Lists of Predictions:
* **********If you have read any spoilers, Holly (the new merlotte’s waitress) is obviously a witch/wiccan.********************
* Jessica will consider turning Hoyt or marrying him.
* Though he will initially try to help Tommy, I think Sam will ironically become Tommy’s partner in crime rather than helping him in the right way.
* Tara will be attracted to Sam once again once she sees his darkness, they may become involved once again ( even if Franklin is still possibly alive and stalks her , though I have a feeling he will be offed along with Talbot).
* Arlene and/or Tara might become witches under Holly’s influence. I think Arlene might ironically develop the same depth of fascination with Wiccans/witches that she did with the FOTS in the books.
*Jesus is a V addict and probably a supernatural too. He may have looked Lafayette back up for ulterior motives of his own (such as the V or something else).
* Crystal will distract Jason from everything, including his new-found bribed police job and Jason will suffer endless “consequences.”
* Holly might possibly tie into QSA, though that is not necessarily the case.
* Jessica might suffer consequences in the future for the trucker’s death despite her new-found happiness with Hoyt and/or Tommy.
* The AVL will suffer scrutiny from the government.